Mastering Mindful Minds: Intensive 6 week program for ages 10-14 year old
Mastering Mindful Minds is a six-session workshop that teaches and empowers kids to notice emotions and how our body and mind react DURING DIFFERENT SITUATIONS.
This program will help your child master the skills to lower anxiety symptoms and learn healthy coping skills to build resilient leaders. Today's anxiety symptoms are increasing for school-aged kids; life can be intensely uncomfortable for anyone with anxiety, and we understand. Prevention and early intervention are key when treating anxiety. Sign your child up for this hands-on interactive learning experience with take-home tools to share with family and friends. This intensive group will help build skills to calm the body and mind to utilize in the future.
Who should participate? Adolescents ages 10-14.
We believe mindfulness is a life skill that anyone (adolescents-adults) could benefit from strengthening. Our mission is to provide prevention and taking a proactive approach while kids brains are developing and growing. We role model and teach kids early on the tools that we know effectively lower stress, anxiety, and conflict before they may have more severe struggles as adults. Some participants may join with specific challenges or goals; others use our programs to learn these life strategies.
Mastering Mindful Minds Adventure Includes:
- Four weeks of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) strategies to challenge the "Negative Nancies" in & outside of our head space. Master the Think, Feel, Do strategies to keep Calm and cool when under pressure. Whether it is when playing sports, at school or with social relationships there will be a strategy for everyone.
- Regulating and mastering emotions (DBT) and learn conflict resolution skills.
- Mindfulness skills to calm the mind and body.
- Increase self-care by creating an individualized plan. Healthy peanut/gluten free snack weekly.
- All program materials and supplies used in program.
- Decrease and regulate unhealthy toxic interpersonal relationships.
- Week Six: Special parent education: End of program tips and tools for days ahead.
First Group Starts. Wednesday October 6th
Time: 1.5Hours: 6-7:30 PM
COST: $ 325 (snack/provided)
- Proof of vaccination for anyone 12 and older or a mask must be worn during group meetings.