Mastering Mindful Minds: Skills Building Workshop
Mastering Mindful Minds workshop teaches and empowers kids to notice emotions and how our body and mind react DURING DIFFERENT SITUATIONS.
This program will help your tween master the skills to lower anxiety symptoms and learn healthy coping skills to build resilient leaders. Today's anxiety symptoms are increasing for school-aged kids; life can be intensely uncomfortable for anyone with anxiety, and we understand. Prevention and early intervention are key when treating anxiety. Sign your Tween up for this hands-on interactive learning experience with take-home tools to share with family and friends. This intensive group will help build skills to calm the body and mind to utilize in the future.
Who should participate? Adolescents ages 10-12.
We believe mindfulness is a life skill that anyone (adolescents-adults) could benefit from strengthening. Our mission is to provide prevention and taking a proactive approach while kids brains are developing and growing. We role model and teach kids early on the tools that we know effectively lower stress, anxiety, and conflict before they may have more severe struggles as adults. Some participants may join with specific challenges or goals; others use our programs to learn these life strategies.
- Mastering Mindful Minds Adventure Includes: (6 weeks)
- Evidence based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) strategies to challenge the "Negative Nancies" in & outside of our head space. Master the Think, Feel, do strategies to keep Calm and cool when under pressure. Whether it is when playing sports, at school or with social relationships there will be a strategy for everyone.
- Regulating and mastering emotions (DBT) and learn conflict resolution skills.
- Mindfulness skills to calm the mind and body.
- Art and group work to build healthy leadership and coping skills.
- Increase self-care by creating an individualized plan. Healthy peanut/gluten free snack weekly.
- All program materials and supplies used in program.
- Decrease and regulate unhealthy toxic interpersonal relationships.
June 7th - July 12th, 2023 Wednesdays, from 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
COST: $ 200 (Activities supplies and snack included)
We are unfortunately not able to prorate or allow single session attendance, this event creates a fun group environment where friendships have been known to happen along with useful coping skills.
This weekly workshop is co-facilitated by trained clinical interns and licensed providers from Gals Institute and supervised by Deanna Marincic LCSW.