Mastering Minds Group - Mukwonago High School Freshman/Sophomores - 6 Week Group
Mastering Mindful Minds is an engaging, 6-week group that teaches anxiety reduction strategies and empowers teens to notice emotions and how our body and mind react DURING DIFFERENT SITUATIONS.
Who should participate? High School Freshman & Sophomores
At Gals Institute, we believe mindfulness is a life skill that anyone could benefit from strengthening. Our mission is to provide prevention and take a proactive approach while teens brains develop and grow. We role model and teach teens early on the tools that we know effectively lower stress, anxiety, and conflict before having more severe struggles as adults. Some participants may join with specific challenges or goals; others use our programs to learn these life strategies.
Mastering Mindful Minds Adventure Includes:
- Six weeks of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), art therapy, and healthy coping strategies to challenge the "Negative Nancies" in & outside of our headspace.
- Master, the Think, Feel, Do strategies to keep Calm and Cool when under pressure. Whether when playing sports, at school, or with social relationships, there will be a strategy for everyone.
- Regulating and mastering emotions (DBT) and learning conflict resolution skills.
- Mindfulness skills to calm the mind and body.
- Increase self-care by creating an individualized plan.
- Decrease and regulate unhealthy toxic interpersonal relationships.
- All program materials and supplies provided for the entire workshop.
This weekly group offering is possible due to the partnership between Mukwonago School District and Gals Institute. Mindful Minds is not in lieu of therapy and is co-facilitated by trained clinical interns supervised with approved use of curriculum by Deanna Marincic LCSW.